Monday, June 28, 2010

It all started with...

a statement that I made to my high school friend, Edie, at Ironman, Florida (Panama City--see previous blog about that). I think I said something like "There is NO WAY I would do that swim!!" Well, time has passed and it seems that when I say stuff like "No way!", "NFW!" and "Why would anyone do that to themselves??" — what I really mean is maybe I'll try it sometime. It also helps (or doesn't help) to have an uber over-achieving friend to plant the seed. Now that I've run a few marathons (and will run a couple more this year), I think this next adventure will really tell me how much farther I can go.

Today I signed up for Ironman Couer d'Alene, 2011, along with my friend, Edie. I'm truly looking forward to the training, the challenge and being able to experience my first Ironman along with Edie.

This fish has been out of the water a long time and I'm looking forward to getting back in and learning to swim for LONG periods of time. The bike will get dusted off and I'll fit that into what will be a pretty active exercise schedule.

I'm by no means a super athlete but I like to think I'm persistent and well... like the video says, I WILL do this!!

1 comment:

judy said...

You GO GIRL! Why start small when you can go BIG! Keep us posted on your training! Have fun and stay injury free!