Saturday, July 28, 2007

Milwaukee

I'm finally getting around to posting some photos from the Milwaukee part of my vacation. I stayed in Milwaukee before and after my Michigan excursion. It's very easy to take the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan to Muskegon (Michigan side). I find this more of an adventure than just flying into Detroit. Admittedy, I really don't like the Detroit airport and flying into the smaller Milwaukee airport for less money was WAY better.

My Uncle Tom and Aunt Kathy were their usual awesome host. They made sure I got in a long bike ride along Lake Michigan and another to see more of the city (We found a nice little Inn and had an icy cold Milwaukee brew on the latter trip--that was an added bonus!). They also booked me on a schooner outing which was a nice way to see Milwaukee from the lake.


Milwaukee's very cool Art Museum. We saw the Pissarro exhibit here on my last day.


The schooner we sailed on.


Huge sail on schooner.


Uncle Tom & Aunt Kathy at one of their favorite local dining cafés.


Sychronized duck competition.

No comments: