Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good Eats!

Matt (a.k.a. Cricket) has become an Alton Brown Good Eats watcher. I think he's connected with Alton on the Food Network because he approaches cooking in a logical way with lots of history, science, chemistry and explanation mixed in. He also has everything ready before he starts mixing up dinner. This is appealing to a GEEK. I fixed a Rachel Ray recipe one night and followed her lead by just throwing stuff in as I went along. That was a bit to chaotic and messy for him.

Tonight he's fixing one of Alton's recipes. He's doing an excellent job and I can't wait to taste it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Until then, here's a few rare pictures of the spouse cooking. I think he's having a good time... so maybe it will be a more frequent thing (I'm hoping!).


He's got all the Alton Brown shows on his laptop so he can watch and prep at the same time.


Looking good... even if he is putting my not so favorite food on. That's ok, I like tomatoes COOKED.


If it taste as good as it looks prepped, I'll have to give him a big pat on the back for an outstanding first meal.

By the way, this is basically fish stuffed with herbs, with cous cous and veges. White wine to steam and wrapped up in parchment paper. It's cooking right now and smells really good.

No comments: