Saturday, September 23, 2006

Arizona Outlaw Erg Marathon





After a 3 hour nap, I finally mustered the energy to upload pictures (CLICK HERE to view) and blog about my first Erg marathon. For friends and family members that don't know--the erg is a piece of exercise equipment that most rowers use to train. Nonetheless, it doesn't move like my boat does and it's painfully honest in projecting your split time, projected finish time etc.

42,195 meters (26 miles) of rowing and everyone finished. Most everyone did it in 3-4 hours with a few exceptions to that rule. Ted Paxton was closer to the 2:30 mark (Can't quite remember--I just know it was way fast!) My goal was to finish within 4 hours and I'm happy to say that I accomplished that by finishing in 3:42.04. The last 5000 meters my legs were burning and mentally I had to fight through to the end. Now that I've had time to rest and reflect, I think it was a personal challenge and I'm already making notes on how to improve upon my time in preparation for my November rowing marathon. That one will be on water, which will certainly be a plus.

Tom and Kim Wilmer (family friends) were nice enough to let us use their super garage for the event. I think everyone agreed it was the perfect place. Lots of space, cool and easy access.

I'm sure the results will be on the Arizona Outlaws website soon. You can get to that from my links section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog Hopping Here And There.
Beautiful set of pghotos you have here.. keep up the good blogging :)