Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm Just A Tad Behind...

I'm usually a little more on top of the blog updates, however, I've been a blog slacker for the past few months. These pictures are from the 4th of July when I took the ferry across Lake Michigan to visit my Uncle Tom and Aunt Kathy with my parents. They recently relocated to Milwaukee and found these really cool townhomes right on the Milwaukee River. They have a really nice patio overlooking the river and city. We could see fireworks from 3 different parts of the city on the 4th of July.

Being the great hosts that they were, they made sure for that even though we were there for a short period of time we got in some good city touring walking.

My assessment of Milwaukee is that it still has small city feel but is growing with character. I love to see interesting old warehouses being revamped into cool living spaces. This is what is happening along the river and soon the River Walk will be bustling with residents and activityr. The Milwaukee Rowing Club is about 500 meters from my Aunt and Uncle's townhome. Rest assured, I'll make sure I get in a row the next time I visit!


Cool sculpture on a walking tour. My parents, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tom.



These are the townhomes. The empty lot is for the next set of riverside townhomes.

No comments: