Sunday, April 16, 2006

Spring in the Desert


This is the time of year where the cactus are blooming and it's starting to warm up.** Our winter visitors leave town, we start to set our alarms clocks to get up before the sun and put the sunscreens back on the windows. We'll start getting phone calls from our friends in cooler places who think we must be sooooooooo hot. It's the same cycle every year. To be honest--I have to say that I've really enjoyed the great weather we had all winter long and am looking forward to staying inside and focusing on some work projects this summer. I'll still be outside but very early in the morning and in the evenings. I'm also looking forward to early morning rows at Tempe Town lake ( I get my new sculling shell this Tuesday).

I've had my Aunt Jill & Uncle Steve in town over the last month. They just left today --but we'll be seeing lots more of them when they come back Arizona in September to move into their new home (they bought a house in Mesa). With them here--I'm sure I'll be seeing more of my cousins and family then in previous years. So here we go into the dry hot summer but in our nice cool house. Hope everyone enjoys their Summer!

**For those of you that think we're hot today-- well, we're not. It's a beautiful 75 degrees with breezes. Sculling on Easter morning was great!

No comments: