Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bathroom Remodel Part II

I may actually be able to take a shower in the master bath next weekend... the remodel is in the home stretch! Last week, sealed the grout, put shower fixtures on and did some touch up stuff. There's high hopes for an electrician showing up tomorrow morning. He did call and confirm on Friday-- so that's a good sign. I started to put my glass block wall together and got a bit nervous about the instability with only 2 sides for support. So I decided to not be sorry later and called the handyman that's helped me on a couple occasions. He will be here Tuesday to build a frame. A few shower floor tiles may need to be chipped up to acommodate but I'll take that over a big crashing sound as the block glass hit the floor!

This project certainly has boosted my remodel confidence level. My tile cutting skills are quite good now. I can cut circles and really tricky notches like a pro. I know this is kind of "ungirly" of me... I'm making a list of the power tools I want to get for the next project... putting them on my X-mas wish list : )

No comments: