Thursday, June 28, 2007

Smart Car Test Drive

Neighbor Tom and I had a good time going for a Smart Car test drive today. I've loved these little cars ever since I saw them all over Europe. So when I learned you could do $99 reservation for one--when they become available in 2008--I immediately filled out the online reservation form.I played around with the colors on the website and gave a preference for red with gray side trim. So I was very happy that I drove one with those colors. Tom drove a blue convertible. The convertible tops were very cool. We got to see a person before us opening and closing the top.

We got there shortly after the test drives were to start and there was already quite a few people waiting in line. Even more when we left. We didn't have to wait very long and we got to wait in the nice cool Mercedes Dealership. And no... I was not the only goober to bring a camera. There were lots of people with cameras and channel 12 News was there as well.

The Smart was a fun drive. I didn't use the automatic setting and instead used the paddle shifters. My Smart representative was impressed by my shifting ability. He said most people are scared to try the paddle shifters. It was super easy though and the car automatically shifted down when I started to slow. That was cool. There was a surprising amount of room in the driver's seat and I immediately felt comfy driving it. Overall, it was a fun day and Smart did a wonderful job with tons of people who were very happy to answer questions.






Here's Tom in the blue convertible Smart.


Getting ready for my Smart Drive.


Here's the red Smart I drove. I took a full photo of it as this will likely be my color combo.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Smart car UKSmart cars ?