Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring Visitors

My cousin Tim, and son Timmy, are visiting from Michigan. Yesterday I took them to Pinnacle Peak Park for a hike. This is the time of year where everything is blooming, including the cactus. Pinnacle Peak Park is one of the better places to see a lot of spectactular desert fauna and get some great city views at the same time. The City of Scottsdale has done an excellent job marking the trail with information about the desert fauna. So it makes for a good educational hike as well. Not sure these pictures do justice to all the colors. Click on pictures for bigger picture.


Timmy was a good hiker. He was also very tolerant of my picture snapping.


Tim, Timmy, and my Uncle Steve taking a breather. Ok... maybe Timmy didn't need it--but it's always good to stop and look at the view.


Pretty wispy flower that I don't now the name of.


A view from the trail.


My Aunt Jill and Steve at the bottom of the trail.

No comments: