Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Teetotalism Times Two...

Well it's been over two weeks now that I've managed to abstain from my glass of wine per night habit. Good stuff, but I was starting to wonder if the habit was permanent. So I'm practicing alcohol abstinence for awhile as a way to break the habit and make a glass of wine more for special occasions and not an everyday thing. I'm on a roll, so we'll see how long I go before I cave. I am married afterall!

It's interesting how other's react when I ask for a Diet Coke or a glass of water when out to dinner. For some reason I'm questioned as to why I'm not drinking and I have to explain. I can't recall ever asking someone why they chose something other than alcohol for their beverage, but if I have--I'm sorry for that. There is really no reason one should have to justify a non alcoholic choice. No one ever asks why one chews sugar-free gum.

So far I've learned that it's pretty easy to skip alcohol, so I don't think I'll have to attend an AA session anytime soon.
Just don't take my coffee away... or someone is going to get hurt!

Cheers! I say that affectionately with my glass of skim milk.

No comments: